Mindfulness & Positive Psychology Program
The 'Peaceful Kids' program is an 8 week Mindfulness and Positive Psychology based program to increase resilience and lessen anxiety and stress in children from Prep through to Year 12. Sessions are for approximately 1 hour each week. The Peaceful Kids program is endorsed by the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES) and Australian Counselling Australia (ACA).
This program helps children to build their emotional intelligence so they are better equipped to deal with the day to day stresses that life brings. Children learn life long coping strategies as seen below. Please scroll down the page to view the aims of the program and the life long skills children learn.
I run regular groups throughout school terms and am available to deliver one to one sessions with your child/ teen in your home or visit them in school hours to deliver a session at school.
I am excited to announce that in 2020 I will be running from two new locations.
Please note bookings are already being taken and I will only take a small number of enrolments so please get your registration in fast. The form is below. Once we have received your registration we will send you your invoice and your child can start 2020 with this fabulous intensive workshop that will honestly bring so much goodness into your lives.
I will also be starting in term 1 at Hornsby North Public School. With a collective of over 35 parents who have already expressed interest, this will book out fast once registrations open. Make sure you like and follow the facebook page and subscribe to my site for early notice.
For more information about Georgina Manning who created this wonderful program and more about the program pop on over to her site at www.peacefulkids.com.au or click the link below.
Prices: 8-week program intervention - price includes all children's handouts and craft activities, parent handout, access to online recorded meditations and emails outlining each weeks lesson with support strategies, support from me throughout the program via phone if needed and a small gift for each child at the end (group program price starts at $350.)
For individual tutoring in your home please contact me for pricing.
(This program can be covered by the NDIS.)
Yoga & Health Collective
Suite 36-38, Waratah Court, 12-14 Waratah St
Mona Vale, New South Wales, Australia
Class numbers are limited.
Bookings are now OPEN. Registration is essential.
Class starts Friday 31 January 4 till 5 pm and runs every Friday except 14th and ends with the last class on Friday 27th March.
Registrations are confirmed once the consent form AND then payment has been received.
Hornsby North Public School
Available to children from HNPS and Hornsby North Community Care Association Inc
Peaceful Kids will be starting in 2020 at Hornsby North Public School. The classes will run from 4.30 pm till 5.30 pm in term 1.
An announcement will be made in week 1 of term 1 as to the start date and days although it is expected to be in week 3 on either a Mon, Tue or Wednesday afternoon. Please follow my Facebook page for more details.
Registrations are now OPEN. Limited class numbers are available.
Life long Coping Skills
Children learn life long coping skills such as :
- A range of Mindfulness Meditations.
- Positive psychology exercises.
- Techniques to lessen worrying.
- A range of practical and expressive coping strategies.
- Problem-solving strategies.
- Journalling and expressing feelings.
- Facing challenges and obstacles step by step.
- Preventative strategies to help prevent stress build-up.
- Being attuned to their own bodies and minds.
- Understanding and recognising their own feelings.
- Being in the flow and enjoying more of the present moment.
-Basic theory on Mindfulness and how it affects the brain and lessens stress and anxiety.
-The different ways to practice Mindfulness and integrate it into their lives.
-Their feelings and how this relates to anxiety and stress levels.
-Understanding stress and how it relates personally to them
-Understanding triggers for stress and how to calm down & self regulate.
-About the physical symptoms of stress and anxiety.
-Worrying and how it affects their happiness.
-Different types of thinking that increase anxiety or lessen anxiety and increase wellbeing.
-Creating a balanced lifestyle including lots of chill-out time and being in the flow.
Aims of the Program
- To minimise the symptoms of anxiety and stress.
- To build emotional resilience.
- To empower children to self-manage their anxiety.
- To teach children Mindfulness exercises they can use for life.
- To build a reservoir of strength to enable children to cope with life more effectively.
- To minimise anxiety symptoms occurring in the future.
- For children to use a range of effective coping strategies.
- Teaches children how to self-calm.
- To develop emotional intelligence. skills.
- Teaches children life long skills to manage stress and prevent stress build-up.
- Supports children so they know they are not alone with suffering from anxiety.
Peaceful Kids Facebook page
Workshop classes are kept small and places are limited to keep the group dynamics warm and supportive and allow for peer discussion and support. Classes and locations will be posted on the Facebook page so please like the page and follow to make sure you don't miss out. If your child has a friend that might like to be in the group with them make sure to let their parents know.