Mindfulness & Positive Psychology Program
The 'Peaceful Kids' program is an 8 week Mindfulness and Positive Psychology based program to lessen anxiety and stress and increase resilience in children from Prep through to Year 12. Sessions are for approximately 1 hour each week. The Peaceful Kids program is endorsed by the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES) and Australian Counselling Australia (ACA).
This program helps children to build their emotional resilience so they are better equipped to deal with the day to day stresses that life brings them. Children learn life long coping strategies as seen below. Please scroll down the page to view the aims of the program and the life long skills children learn.
I run regular groups throughout school terms and am available to deliver one to one sessions with your child/ teen in your home or visit them in school hours to deliver a session at school.
For more information about Georgina Manning who created this wonderful program and more about the program pop on over to her site at www.peacefulkids.com.au or click the link below.
Don't forget to follow the link at the bottom of the page and follow the Peaceful Kids Facebook age for updates on where and when the classes are run and all booking information.
Prices: Peaceful Kids 8 week program including all handouts and activities, access to online recorded meditation and weekly emails (group program price starts at $350.)
For individual tutoring in your home please contact me for pricing.
Life long Coping Skills
Children learn life long coping skills such as :
- A range of Mindfulness Meditations
- Positive psychology exercises
- Techniques to lessen worrying
- A range of practical and expressive coping strategies
- Problem solving strategies
- Journaling and expressing worries
- Facing challenges and fears step by step
- Preventative strategies to help prevent stress build up
- Being attuned to their own bodies and minds
- Understanding and recognising their own feelings
- Being in the flow and enjoying more of the present moment
-Basic theory on Mindfulness and how it affects the brain and lessens stress and anxiety.
-The different ways to practice Mindfulness and integrate it into their lives.
-Their feelings and how this relates to anxiety and stress levels.
-Understanding stress and how it relates personally to them
-Understanding triggers for stress and how to calm down when feeling stressed
-About the physical symptoms of stress and anxiety and learn how to self regulate
-Worrying and how it affects their happiness
-Different types of thinking that increase anxiety or lessen anxiety
-Creating a balanced lifestyle including lots of chill out time and being in the flow.
Aims of the Program
- To minimise the symptoms of anxiety and stress
- To build emotional resilience
- To empower children to self-manage their anxiety
- To teach children Mindfulness exercises they can use for life
- To build a reservoir of strength to enable children to cope with life more effectively
- To minimise anxiety symptoms occurring in the future
- For children to use a range of effective coping strategies
- Teaches children how to self-calm
- To develop emotional intelligence skills
- Teaches children life long skills to manage stress and prevent stress build up
- Supports children so they know they are not alone with suffering from anxiety
Peaceful Kids Facebook page
Workshop classes are kept small and places are limited to keep the group dynamics warm and supportive and allow for peer discussion and support. Classes and locations will be posted on the Facebook page so please like the page and follow to make sure you don't miss out. If your child has a friend that might like to be in the group with them make sure to let their parents know.