Mindfulness & Positive Psychology Program
The 'Peaceful Kids' program is an 8 week Mindfulness and Positive Psychology based program to increase resilience and lessen anxiety and stress in children from Prep through to Year 12. Sessions are for approximately 1 hour each week.
Peaceful Kids is based on evidence-based therapy and research from the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program (MBSR), Mindfulness-integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (MiBCT), Positive Psychology and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
The Peaceful Kids program and Peaceful parents program is endorsed by the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES) and Australian Counselling Australia (ACA). It is a registered training course through Meditation association of Australia (MA) and endorsed as a continued development course by The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
This program helps children to build children's emotional intelligence so they are better equipped to deal with the day to day stresses that life brings. Children learn life long coping strategies as seen below. Please scroll down the page to view the aims of the program and the life long skills children learn.
I run regular groups throughout school terms and am available to deliver one to one sessions with your child/ teen in your home or visit them in school hours to deliver a session at school.
I also run regular classes at Hornsby North Public School. Make sure you like and follow the Facebook page and subscribe to my site for early notice.
For more information about Georgina Manning who created this wonderful program and more about the program pop on over to her site at www.peacefulkids.com.au or click the link below.
Prices: 8-week program intervention - price includes all children's handouts and craft activities, parent handout, access to online recorded meditations and emails outlining each weeks lesson with support strategies, support from me throughout the program via phone if needed and a small gift for each child at the end (group program price starts at $350.)
For individual tutoring in your home please contact me for pricing.
(This program can be covered by the NDIS.)
Life long Coping Skills
Children learn life long coping skills such as :
- A range of Mindfulness Meditations.
- Positive psychology exercises.
- Techniques to lessen worrying.
- A range of practical and expressive coping strategies.
- Problem-solving strategies.
- Journalling and expressing feelings.
- Facing challenges and obstacles step by step.
- Preventative strategies to help prevent stress build-up.
- Being attuned to their own bodies and minds.
- Understanding and recognising their own feelings.
- Being in the flow and enjoying more of the present moment.
-Basic theory on Mindfulness and how it affects the brain and lessens stress and anxiety.
-The different ways to practice Mindfulness and integrate it into their lives.
-Their feelings and how this relates to anxiety and stress levels.
-Understanding stress and how it relates personally to them
-Understanding triggers for stress and how to calm down & self regulate.
-About the physical symptoms of stress and anxiety.
-Worrying and how it affects their happiness.
-Different types of thinking that increase anxiety or lessen anxiety and increase wellbeing.
-Creating a balanced lifestyle including lots of chill-out time and being in the flow.
Aims of the Program
- To minimise the symptoms of anxiety and stress.
- To build emotional resilience.
- To empower children to self-manage their anxiety.
- To teach children Mindfulness exercises they can use for life.
- To build a reservoir of strength to enable children to cope with life more effectively.
- To minimise anxiety symptoms occurring in the future.
- For children to use a range of effective coping strategies.
- Teaches children how to self-calm.
- To develop emotional intelligence. skills.
- Teaches children life long skills to manage stress and prevent stress build-up.
- Supports children so they know they are not alone with suffering from anxiety.
Hornsby North Public School
Peaceful Kids is now available at Hornsby North Public School. The classes run at different times depending on the age cohort.
Term 3 2020 has a group for children in years 4 & 5 and a special group for children in year 6 starting high school next year. This class is open to all year 6 students from the local area however as class sizes are kept small applications are encouraged early to avoid disappointment.
Please follow my Facebook page for more details.
Peaceful Kids Facebook page
Workshop classes are kept small and places are limited to keep the group dynamics warm and supportive and allow for peer discussion and support. Classes and locations will be posted on the Facebook page so please like the page and follow to make sure you don't miss out. If your child has a friend that might like to be in the group with them make sure to let their parents know.